In Search of a Life Less Ordinary
In Search of a Life Less Ordinary follows the journey of Russell as he went in search of a different way of living to the hum drum 9-5 routine of his former life. The blog covers his adventures in being an expat abroad in Sydney, Australia, leaving no stone unturned - if you have a passion for living a different way of life and treading a less ordinary path, then this blog is probably for you.
Lifestyle, Daddy Blogger www.insearchofalifelessordinary.com/
In Search of a Life Less Ordinary (ISOALLO) was a finalist in the Best Australian Blogs 2012 competition organised by the Australian Writers Centre.
The author, Russell Ward, is a writer and expat living in Sydney who, ten years ago, went in search of a different way of life to the hum drum 9-5 routine of his life in the UK at that time. Since 2010, he has been writing about his journey from the UK to Australia via Canada on the blog, which has proved to be a surprise hit in the blogosphere and attracts a global audience of expats, travelers, culture junkies, writers and people interested in the idea of a life less ordinary
ISOALLO is an established lifestyle and travel website with more than 42 months of weekly posts on expatriate life, Sydney living, travel and local experiences, and the highlights (and lowlights) of living overseas. ISOALLO features high-quality articles written by Russell and includes guest posts, sponsored posts, campaigns, competitions and promotions, and personal insights into life lived abroad, particularly in Sydney, Australia.
ISOALLO has a high level of trust and credibility among the travel and expat community, is regularly featured on a variety of travel websites, Twitter and Facebook pages, and often promoted by key expat and travel leaders such as Expat Explorer, Expat Focus, WhyGo Australia, ExpatInfoDesk, BlogExpat, InterNations, and the UK Telegraph's Expat Life Section. Skype, Landlopers and HotelClub have also featured Russell's work.
ISOALLO appeals to independent-minded global professional expatriates, travellers and culture junkies interested in or looking for a different life overseas and the site attracts a high number of readers from across the globe.
More recently, following the birth of Russell's son, the site now features an increasing number of posts on life as a new parent and father.
- Sponsored Posts
- Guest Posts
- Banner Advertising
- Social Media
- Brand Ambassadorships
- Paid Reviews
- Unpaid Reviews
- Paid Competitions
- Competitions Unpaid
Blog stats (last updated March, 2014)
- Average unique visitors: 18500 p/m
- Average page views: 39250 p/m
- Facebook page Likes: 2700+
- Twitter Followers: 11600+
- Pinterest Followers: 250+
- Instagram Friends: 600+
- YouTube channel subscribers: 0+
- In Google+ Circles: 2000+
- Email & feed subscribers: 1000+
Brands We've Worked With
I regularly work with brands and businesses, including well-known destination, expat and lifestyle brands, through the blog and my social networks such as Twitter and Instagram. I have worked with the Canadian Tourism Commission, ANZ, Australia Post, Ford Australia, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, Hotels Club, Skype, World First Foreign Exchange, Tourism British Columbia, Yellow Pages, Hoyts Cinema, Western Union, Logitech, Travel Alberta, Tourism Tasmania, Yakima and Sony. I recently co-hosted a worldwide Twitter chat on behalf of Hyatt Hotels and represented Medibank as their expert travel blogger for the #GenBetter campaign, participating in Twitter chats and writing for their online magazine.
• One of the UK Telegraph's Top 20 Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2013 • One of Australian Travel Blogs and Bloggers to Watch in 2014 by Get in The Hot Spot • One of Australian Travel Blogs and Bloggers to Follow in 2013 by Queensland Tourism • Finalist of Best Australian Blogs 2012 Competition by Australian Writers Centre • Winner of BlogExpat’s Top Blog Award 2013 • Winner of CAPA's Top Blog Awards 2013 • One of GoAbroad’s Top Expat Bloggers for 2013 • Silver Award in the Expat Blog Awards 2012 for Australia • Top Sydney Expat Blog Recommended by InterNations and Expat Focus Top Expat Blog • Go! Overseas Top Blog Australia